Recently, I was making a whole bunch of appetizers for my mom’s 60th birthday/New Year’s Eve party. Since I was doing the lion’s share of the food prep, I needed to simplify where possible. Here’s a perfect example. It’s an adaptation of a recipe I found here at Yummy Mummy Kitchen. And let. me. tell. you. It was a big, big hit. And it looked beautiful.
The original recipe called for sanding sugar (something I don’t keep handy in my kitchen) and making each appetizer individually (which would, incidentally, be amazing, but I didn’t have the time and I was worried about the chèvre making the crackers soggy.) So I adapted the recipe to make it simpler and easier. And I’m really happy to report that it worked!